To DaaS or not to Daas?
Issues with devices occur long before they are officially deemed end-of-life and replaced. Slowdown, freezing, incompatibility and so on will waste a user’s time and interrupt their workflow well ahead of the time that they “become” obsolete—or for that matter a security hazard. And, as employees require more devices than ever to complete tasks, IT problems like this will only multiply and further tax an organization’s IT resources.
Because of the trouble caused by managing a mixture of devices and operating systems, more and more companies are turning away from signing lease agreements or purchasing devices out right. They’re finding individualized solutions that add efficiency and free up their IT staff to focus on business operations rather than internal IT problems. Among the emerging list of as-a-service solutions is the Device-as-a-Service (DaaS) model, where companies can acquire all of the hardware they need while offloading the burden of management and maintenance to an IT partner.
DaaS is a way for businesses to provide employees with new devices that have specific options that are crucial for them to work efficiently—no more paying for unnecessary compute power or features. Along with smarter buying, DaaS provides direct access to proactive monitoring and management so hardware issues, security threats and inefficiencies can be dealt with before they become a problem.
One stop shopping
Relying on in-house IT management to handle all of the issues of a growing company can work for a while, but not forever. Small and even some medium sized businesses often have to rely on more bare bones IT teams out of necessity, but that removes those experts from other responsibilities and slows down progress. They can’t research or implement new strategies to improve efficiency or productivity because they’re stuck dealing with ailing IT. The money saved on a smaller team is lost through overall inefficiency—including squandering human capital.
Companies miss out by cutting corners in staff and using old tech. The most compelling benefit of a good Device-as-a-Service plan is the combination of streamlined procurement, proactive analytics and lifecycle management—all from a single vendor. There are reduced prices through bundling, fewer hours spent on maintenance and a reduction in security risks. Convenience is a key element to the model.
Choosing a solution
Though DaaS is not a panacea for everything that will ail an IT environment, it does present a huge potential benefit to businesses that choose it over other solutions. But it matters who you trust with the fate of your IT. PCM recommends HP as a reliable DaaS partner. Their computer consumption model is currently leading the way, with two years of in-market experience while others are just getting off the ground.
HP has the broadest DaaS portfolio and offers a more complete solution that includes devices, accessories, support, proactive analytics, unified device management, and additional lifecycle services – all with simplified plans and a one-price-per-device model.
Just how complete are solutions with HP Device as a Service? You tell us:
- Discover and design
- Create your ideal tech environment, design, and planning services
- Save time and increase productivity by having your custom images and settings installed
- Hit the ground running by letting HP handle everything from logistics to installation to data migration
- Dispose and refresh
- Keep your technology current by letting HP security responsibly manage hardware that’s at the end of its lifecycle—and then deliver new equipment to your users
- Relieve your IT staff of maintenance hassles by letting HP handle onsite services, accidental damage protection, and more
- Get the most of your IT environment through helpdesk services, priority support and staff augmentation
Other providers don’t offer the depth of solutions that HP does. Key ways that HP DaaS differentiates from the competition are:
- Unique analytics and proactive management capability that simplifies day-to-day management of assets, enables better device and data protection, and helps IT maximize their resources by offloading day-to-day device management to HP Service Experts.
- A flexible solution with simplified plans that make it easy to get complete hardware, support, and service solutions and tailor the agreement to add lifecycle services that you need to get a pricing model that’s per-device.
- Flexibility for your business – HP DaaS offers more term options ranging from 1 to 5 years as well as fleet flexing options so you don’t pay for more than you use.
So if you’re dealing with any combination of outdated tech, distracted IT support, problematic purchasing or regular security issues caused by an unchecked variety of BYOD devices, it’s time to consider DaaS. PCM offers exclusive opportunities on bundles with new HP equipment. Choose solutions that resolve lingering issues quickly and scale with your operation. Find out more at www.pcm.com/hpdaas or contact a PCM Account Executive today.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Share your thoughts and questions in the comment section below. To get the latest news from PCM, follow @PCM on Twitter, join us on Facebook, or connect with us on LinkedIn. To get the latest news sent straight to your inbox, join our newsletter.