The PCM Managed Services team lead by Stephen Moss has recently become partners with an organization in the Houston, TX area called the Bunker. Below is a letter from Stephen Moss giving an overview of the excitement of partnering with the Bunker and more information on their services.
We are always seeking solutions to meet customer needs at PCM. A short 3 days prior to Hurricane Harvey becoming a named storm, several team members were visiting with The Bunker Houston to finalize an expansion of our cloud data center footprint in the greater Houston area. We were there to reaffirm key data points regarding the facility’s construction, ongoing maintenance, and adherence to key industry attestations and compliance standards. In less than 2 weeks from that meeting, Harvey made landfall and much of the area was devastated by torrential rains resulting in an epic flooding event. Our team anxiously watched and listened to the reports and stayed in contact with The Bunker team over the span of the event. I am thrilled to report that the facility, along with all customer services, were operating without interruption and the routes north and northwest out of Houston were accessible for travel to the data center.
I am further excited to report that we have proceeded with our formal partnership, and The Bunker is available to PCM customers and partners for cloud and data center services. Any solution deployed in The Bunker can be operated by PCM’s industry‐leading, global Managed Services team. We look forward to helping customers fulfill their own missions of “always on / never fails” in this uniquely located facility.
Stephen W. Moss
SVP – Managed & Cloud Services
The Bunker | Montgomery, Texas
- 50 Acre Campus
- Over 345′ Above Sea Level
- 108,000 SF 12MW Powered Shell Data Center
- 40,000 SF 6MW N+1 Reinforced Subterranean Data Center
- (2) Utility Feeds
- 30,000 Gallon Diesel Fuel Generator Reservoirs
- 24/7/365 Gated Security
- 7 Layer 2 Factor Security Access
- Onside Data Providers: Comcast, ATT, Verizion, Level3/TWTelecom, ICTX/Wavemedia, Zayo, Phonoscope, Consolidated and Suddenlink
- Public Internet Back Haul and Peering Point
- Industry Accredited SSAE-18, HIPPA, PCI
- ISO 27001 and ISO 22301 Certifications
- 56 Miles from Downtown Houston
- 102 Miles from Galveston Coast
- 78 Miles from Trinity Bay
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Share your thoughts and questions in the comment section below. To get the latest news from PCM, follow @PCM on Twitter, join us on Facebook, or connect with us on LinkedIn. To get the latest news sent straight to your inbox, join our newsletter.