Microsoft 365: Empowering customer transformation toward a modern workplace
Our customers have spoken, and their needs are crystal-clear. Digital transformation is one of the latest trends in technology, with both small businesses and large organizations moving towards solutions that will help unlock employee creativity and allow them to work together more closely and more securely, especially companies with increasingly diverse, globally distributed workforces. The traditional workplace is undergoing a huge transformation, and workers expect the technology they use to meet their rapidly changing requirements and expectations. More specifically, customers are demanding a more complete, more intelligent, and more secure solution to enable their employees to move toward a modern workplace and help protect their sensitive data and intellectual property from rapidly evolving threats while continuing to grow their business.
Microsoft has answered the call, and on July 10th at their annual Inspire conference in Washington D.C., they unveiled their newest offering: Microsoft 365 (M365). Customers who are already fully invested in the cloud with Secure Productive Enterprise (SPE) will be familiar with the core components of M365.
Microsoft has announced 2 editions of M365 to meet the needs of both larger enterprises and smaller businesses:
- Microsoft 365 Enterprise: includes Enterprise editions of Office 365 E3/E5 | Windows 1 E3/E5 | Enterprise Mobility + Security E3/E5
- Available in E3 and/or E5 plans, which are both designed for large organizations
- Microsoft 365 Business: includes Office 365 Business Premium, Windows 10, and EM+S
- Business edition is for small to medium-sized businesses with up to 300 users
- Office 365 Business Premium (and M365 Business) will also include 4 new custom applications:
- Microsoft Connections (email marketing service)
- Microsoft Listings (to publish business information on top sites)
- Microsoft Invoicing (to create professional invoices and expedite payment)
- MileIQ (mileage tracking app).
These solutions are all supported by intelligent security, advanced AI, and innovative machine learning capabilities, and will help customers by:
- Simplifying IT by unifying management of users, devices, apps, services with a single IT console
- Providing the broadest and deepest set of apps and services with a universal toolkit for teamwork
- Helping safeguard data and intellectual property with intelligent always-on security
- Enhancing business applications:
- Monolithic suites replaced by modular, modern business apps
- Disconnected data silos replaced by connected data graphs & A.I.
- Combining popular applications and services (including LinkedIn and Dynamics 365) to create robust solutions using Common Data Service, Bots & Connectors, PowerApps, Flow, and Power BI
Microsoft estimates that there are over 100 million active commercial users of Office 365 today, and over 500 million Windows 10 devices in use. Microsoft 365 Enterprise will available August 1st, 2017, while the Business edition is set to release in Fall 2017. A public preview of M365 Business will be available on August 2nd.
PCM is in a unique position to help our customers grow and innovate while securing their sensitive data, and we are here to support you every step of the way.
Please contact your PCM sales representative for more information on this exciting new offering!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Share your thoughts and questions in the comment section below. To get the latest news from PCM, follow @PCM on Twitter, join us on Facebook, or connect with us on LinkedIn. To get the latest news sent straight to your inbox, join our newsletter.