On February 13th, 2017, HPE unveiled the most significant set of 3PAR Flash Storage innovations ever, all aimed at lowering the cost and risk for customers re-architecting storage as part of hybrid IT initiatives. The market transition to all-flash is one of HPE’s best take share opportunities this year and capturing the storage footprint in accounts is a critical part of protecting the server leadership.
- 3PAR Adaptive Data Reduction (with compression), which delivers efficiency for all types of workloads and provides up to 75% capacity reduction. In addition to compression, 3PAR’s ADR uses a unique data packing algorithm to optimize storage space usage even further, making flash drives even more cost effective. With the money being saved on capacity, you can invest in a flash-optimized business continuity strategy that expands the account footprint.
- All-inclusive licensing for 3PAR to lower costs even more. All of the software features needed for a single array are included to simplify sales and quoting. Capacity per deal can be increased with embedded data services like file and data protection or upgrade storage networking with included Smart SAN automation.
Flash is enabling massive consolidation which means it’s even more important now to protect data with the right level or replication, data protection and services. Sell every 3PAR array with the right level of resiliency to deliver on the promise of 6-nines.
- Sell “beyond the box,” attach secondary storage, and eliminate protection impact on apps via Recovery Manager Central new support for SAP HANA in addition to existing support for VMware, Oracle, and SQL Server.
- Protect information from the edge to the data center with Peer Copy replication from Store Virtual VSA to 3PAR and from the data center to the cloud with StoreOnce support for Microsoft Azure Cloud. You can accelerate your sales cycle by leveraging Store Virtual VSA ready-node reference architectures when discussing software-defined storage solutions for remote/branch offices to reduce POC requests, as well as helping meet RFQ requirements.
- Help your customers achieve even higher levels of availability across greater distance with 3PAR Peer Persistence support for a third data center and open up new sales opportunities around disaster recovery.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Share your thoughts and questions in the comment section below. To get the latest news from PCM, follow @PCM on Twitter, join us on Facebook, or connect with us on LinkedIn. To get the latest news sent straight to your inbox, join our newsletter.